Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012 Just Knock

Jesus, thank you for all of the wonderful gifts you have given me.  My heart is full, because I know that every good thing I have has been given to me by you.  Sometimes I get lost in my own failures and and shortcomings, realizing what I can not achieve in this world by my own power.  Help me to remember always to look to you, to be thankful, and to feel great joy because I know that I am loved by you, and that You have a plan for me.  Amen

Gospel Mt 7:7-12

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Which one of you would hand his son a stone
when he asked for a loaf of bread,
or a snake when he asked for a fish?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give good things
to those who ask him.

"Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.
This is the law and the prophets." 


God is Good.  We must not be concerned with what God will do for us, He will accomplish good works in us, in His own time.  What we need to be concerned with, is how God is asking us to serve others.  We need to prayerfully consider how we can "do to others" what we would have them do to us...It is simple...not easy, but simple.  Sometimes we start thinking about what we would like have done for or to us...and we despair because we have not received those things, often it becomes a roadblock to doing Good.  However if we are confident that God will provide all that we need, and all that we lack, we can confidently serve others with no pause.  Also I have noticed that when I feel down because I feel like my life is lacking some good thing, I have gotten on my knees, vulnerable, admitted to God my weakness and need and asked Him to fill my needs...AND HE HAS!

Jesus, I pray today for anyone who feels week and vulnerable...who builds walls to protect themselves...tear down those walls, help them know they are loved...and God help me to not be afraid to do this work in your name. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment