Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012 A House Divided

Jesus, help me to remember today's scripture whenever I am tempted to grumble about my Husband or children. Amen Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 3:22-30. The scribes who had come from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "By the prince of demons he drives out demons." Summoning them, he began to speak to them in parables, "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand; that is the end of him. But no one can enter a strong man's house to plunder his property unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can plunder his house. Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies that people utter will be forgiven them. Sometimes I am guilty of the sin of grumbling against my children or husband...I begin to think we are not on the same team given to each other for the glory of God. Now I love my husband and children with everything I have and can not imagine my life with out anyone of my family members...but when I have not spent enough time with God, I get deluded into thinking it's me against everyone else. I know you probably can relate...I just want the house clean and everyone is out to dirty it despite me...or I just want to go grocerie shopping and my kids are activly fighting against me getting my work done...sometimes I think everyone is conspiring against me to prevent me from having a peaceful clean home...All of which is completly ridiculous...did you notice how many times I said me and my?! My vocation as wife and mother is that of a teacher, my job is to help my husband and children grow in love for God each and every day...and in that to teach selflessness...when I'm in a ME funk I'm doing the exact opposite...and I'm creating a home divided against itself...When I spend more time in prayer my life is filled with the Holy Spirit and the fruits of that pour out on my family...Together we stand for God and work for His Glory... Another note on this scripture, I think spouses need to pay special attention to always speaking well of their husbands and wives in public...it publishes that there is a house diveded, and may leave your family vulnerable to attack, spiritually and literally... Jesus, help me strive, with the family you blessed me with, to grow closer to you every day. Help me to see my vocation as wife as helpmate, my vocation of mom as teacher, help me to see the areas in which I can help my family grow in your love, and please give me the tools I need to teach them your way. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment