Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012 sick babies and Mass

January 17, 2012 Jesus, be with me today as I tend to my little family, thank you for giving me rest this weekend, so that I could return, joyfully, to my work refreshed and inspired. Amen Then he said to them, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath." mt2:28 As anyone who reads this knows my husband and I are in charge of three little people three and under. My kids are constantly sick...not deathly I'll, but boogery and grosse...i just can't seem to get on top of it...as a result we attend mass far less often than I want to...I just feel like I just can't do that to other people at church...I feel guilty, and upset...I want to be at mass, I enjoy it, I love sitting next to my husband listing to the word, and being a part of our Faith community. But more often than not my plans to attend mass with my family are foiled. I feel upset even writing this... True to form, this week, instead of my kids being sick, my husband was:(. I was exhausted from my work that week, and I just needed to be refreshed, so, I left my husband home to sleep off his sickness and I went to visit my Mom and Dad, Brothers and sisters...it worked out well, though it wasn't what I wanted(a healthy family sitting in mass together) but Michael and I were both able to rest...and that has given us both the energy to be more loving to each other and our children... I still want to attend mass, and will try as often as I can But I'm not going to totally beat myself up either...i'm going to find a way to get rest on Sunday so that I can serve God's with everything I have through the week. Lord thank you for giving me a family that helps me feel your presence even when I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment