Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012 Thank You

Jesus, I want to thank you for keeping me and my children safe, as you know, last night we had a close call in the car...On the way home from my parents house a desk fell out of a large truck in front of us...there were cars to the left of us and the right...I couldn't move out of the way...I was so scared and started to pray asking you to deliver us...and you did...Kate was in the front seat as I began to pray out loud in Thanksgiving, she asked, "Mommy, did Jesus lift up our car so we didn't hit that big thing?"  I said, "Yes, yes He Did"...I was so scared...I don't know how we got out of that situation I can't even remember...but God through you all things are possible and my very own daughter knew in an instant that it was You that saved us...Thank you for another day with my precious family. Amen

Gospel Jn 14:6-14

Jesus said to Thomas, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.
If you know me, then you will also know my Father.
From now on you do know him and have seen him."
Philip said to him,
"Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own.
The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me,
or else, believe because of the works themselves.
Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,
and will do greater ones than these,
because I am going to the Father.
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." 


My Dad helped me to memorize Jn 14:6 when I was in junior high.  He taught our small group...we used to do what he called, "sword drills" because the word of God is our weapon against the world and all it's empty promises...this was one of the ones we did often for obvious reasons...The last words of the Gospel today were my mom's to teach...She often said when I was in high school and college, remember, " whatever you ask in (Jesus) name, (He) will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of (Him) in (His) name, (He) will do it."  I have noticed that this is true...and I have never been afraid to let people know, because the blessings that I have received are all from My God, my Lord, Jesus Christ.  My parents equipped me with these powerful tools of scripture, and I thank them.  Mom, Dad, Thank you.


Jesus, You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Use my life to show this to my children, I want the best for them. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment