Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday April 30, 2012

Jesus, you are my Shepard, lead me to green pastures, protect me, my children, and my husband from anything or anyone who would try to steal our hearts, minds, souls, and bodies for purposes different than your own. Amen 


Gospel Jn 10:1-10

Jesus said:
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the gate
but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber.
But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice,
as he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
When he has driven out all his own,
he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him,
because they recognize his voice.
But they will not follow a stranger;
they will run away from him,
because they do not recognize the voice of strangers."
Although Jesus used this figure of speech,
they did not realize what he was trying to tell them.

So Jesus said again, "Amen, amen, I say to you,
I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and robbers,
but the sheep did not listen to them.
I am the gate.
Whoever enters through me will be saved,
and will come in and go out and find pasture.
A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy;
I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly." 

Sometimes I doubt the truth of the Gospel...sometimes I wonder if I'm not a little crazy, especially when I see so many people living differently, and from all outward appearances, seem to be doing well...But in true moments of doubt I always turn to Faith.  I replay moments in my life that I knew for sure that God existed, then I evaluate my current situation and all the blessings that I have.  When I do this my eyes are opened to how much I am blessed, and for me, these things would not have been if I did not believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, if I was not passionate about my Faith, if I did not love God with my whole heart, mind, soul, and body...I heard a speaker at The Medjugorje Peace Conference say once, that we need to have a daily conversion.  That is to say, we need to see Christ with new eyes every day, look to see how He is The WAY, and set our feet upon his path again.   This path is dynamic too, it changes each day, so it is important that we know where God wants us to go in any given day or moment, we must not get ahead of the Shepard...(I do this, a bunch;))  We must never cease praying!  I get tripped up often, and I am frightened by how confident I get...However what frightens me more than anything, is the idea that my Husband or children will stray from Gods path for them...I have to remember and have Faith that God loves them even more than I do, He is the good Shepard, and will leave all the other safe sheep to retrieve one lost.  

St. Ignatius reminds us reminds us that this does not mean becoming complacent, waiting for God to work some magic...We must pray as though everything depends on God, and work as though everything depends on us!  Sheep are known to follow other sheep even off the edge of a cliff...so let us be good sheep following our Shepard so that others may follow too and have life and have it more abundantly!

Jesus, bless all parents and big sisters and brothers that they will provide a good example in following you.  Also bless parish priests that they too can lead us to you. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment